- Trang chủ
- Giới thiệu
- Cơ cấu tổ chức
- Ban Lãnh đạo Viện
- Văn phòng Viện
- Bộ môn Tiếng Anh Chuyên nghiệp
- Bộ môn Tiếng Anh Cơ sở
- Bộ môn Tiếng Anh Kỹ thuật
- Bộ môn Lý thuyết tiếng và Văn hóa Văn minh Anh-Mỹ
- Bộ môn Tiếng Pháp
- Bộ môn Ngôn ngữ và Văn hóa Á Đông
- Sinh viên
- Đào tạo
- Tuyển sinh
- Nghiên cứu
- Hoạt động NC&CGCN
- Tạp chí chuyên ngành
- Thông báo
- Cựu sinh viên
- Hợp tác đối ngoại
CATALYST Project - An Opportunity to Improve Pedagogical Capability
An Opportunity to Improve Pedagogical Capability
1. A Brief overview of the Catalyst Project
The School of Foreign Languages (SOFL), the Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST) applied for an international project co-funded by the ERASMUS+ Programme of the European Union from 2017 till 2019 and performed in collaboration with 12 foreign universities. After quite a few efforts, SOFL has won this project and is current assigned to be the acting partner representing HUST in the project.
The project’t title is CATALYST - Communicative Approaches in University Vocational Teaching Methodology focusing on Improving Educational Yield and Sustainability.
The project’s major objective is to develop and implement a comprehensive pedagogical Core Curricula using an ECTS/Tuning Modular design for university vocational teaching for Vietnam and Laos.
Other specific objectives are to:
- implement English for Specific Purposes training as a Quality Assurance (QA) mechanism to ensure effective Programme Country participation and to use this package for future training needs at Partner Country institutions.
- implement Pedagogical training for Programme Country participants to ensure the Programme Countries produce a proper Core Curricula developed to local needs curricula.
- conduct Quality Assurance training for all participants at the Start Off meeting to ensure full implementation of project goals and to ensure understanding of the Quality Plan and the Contingency Plan.
- ensure the setting up of the Online Platform after needs analysis in Month 2 of project for uploading all academic and administrative documentation.
- create clear understanding of management structures for smooth operation of academic and administrative activities.
- develop a programme with clear focus on persons with disabilities.
- ensure Sustainability through Official Accreditation Process for Core Curricula including Inter-University Module Recognition Agreements and Action Group for the creation of a Strategic Plan for post-project dissemination and sustainability
- develop and implement a clear strategy to maximize Dissemination effects of two National Programme Country Project Status Conference Awareness Days.
Wider objectives are to:
develop transparent, national and international educational standards and comparable learning tools and teaching standards in accordance with Bologna criteria.
enhance the quality of teaching methodology and the use of innovative teaching tools in the Programme Countries
support the internationalisation of participating EU and PC institutions and support staff and student mobilities and exchanges.
improve the quality and participation of graduates in the educational system and in employment.
2. Project Partners:
1. University Politehnica of Bucharest (UPB)
2. Technische Universität Dresden (TUD)
3. Paul Francis East representing The Pyramid Group (TPG)
4. Edge Hill University (EHU)
5. Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT)
Partners from Vietnam:
6. Ho Chi Minh University of Technical Education (HCMUTE)
7. Ho Chi Minh University of Technology (HUTECH)
8. Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST)
9. University of Languages and International Studies – Vietnam National University (ULIS – VNU)
10. Hung Yen University of Technology and Education (UTEHY)
11. Vinh University of Technology Education (VUTED)
Partners from Laos:
12. National University of Laos (NUoL)
13. University of Health Sciences (UHS)
3. SOFL’s Role in the project
SOFL will participate in the Start Off meeting and contribute to all the discussion and planning and QA procedures and QA training at this meeting.
Then the School will participate in the initial ESP and general pedagogical training program and on return to their country engage in Home Multiplier Factor training of these two trainings to support dissemination and sustainability and the success of the project. We will contribute content to the Online Platform throughout the project and give feedback. In addition, SOFL will contribute to the development of the CATALYST Core Curricula modules (based on ESP and Pedagogical training) and will pilot agreed modules (with other PCs) from this curricula and be involved in their evaluation and improvement with EU and PC partners.
The School will additionally be engaged in the Home Multiplier Factor training of the final CATALYST Core Curriculum. During the period life we will support the holding of two National PC Project Status Awareness Day Conference in Year 1 and Year 2 with a Status Report to non-project Stakeholders and collect and review open-ended questionnaire feedback from participants. Our school and university will actively engage in internal project meetings, domestic and international Steering Group meetings and the key interim and final conference meetings dealing with academic and administrative issues.
We will be involved in the Sustainability – Official Accreditation Process for the CATALYST Core Curricula including Inter-university Module Recognition Agreements and the creation of the Action Group for a CATALYST Strategic Plan and for co-operating with key non-project stakeholders.
We will have responsibility for providing support to the project management team to ensure quality of both process and product and for developing guidelines for use during the project and beyond completion for valorising the project.
In brief, it would be a great chance for our university vocational teacher trainers (language and non-language) to participate in the pedagogical project and to learn from other professionals. It will not only enhance our teaching qualities but it will also build and strengthen bonds with other universities in Laos and the EU.
- Tọa đàm Xu hướng phát triển của ngành Hàng không trước những thách thức về môi trường
- LỚP TẬP HUẤN GIÁO VIÊN VỀ GIẢNG DẠY KHÓA HỌC HỖN HỢP (Blended Learning)
- TỌA ĐÀM HƯỚNG NGHIỆP SINH VIÊN NGÀNH CNTT
- HỌP TỔNG KẾT HOẠT ĐỘNG CHẠY THỬ BETA-TEST 3 KHÓA HỌC HỖN HỢP
- THĂM VÀ LÀM VIỆC VỚI CÔNG TY PENTALOG VIỆT NAM